Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where can I find a stock jdm d series turbo.?

I went to buy a tranny from a guy and he gave me a D series turbo manifold from a jdm engine. I think it was a d15 vtec. Does anyone know where I can find that stock turbo.? Or should I just put a t3 on.?Where can I find a stock jdm d series turbo.?
First there was never a stock turbo for a Honda D series engine. The mani is probably a after market part. Second never buy moving parts from eBay. Pipes and intercoolers are ok if you get them from ebay, but not moving parts. Ebay turbo's only last a little whil then they begin to smoke. When it comes to a turbo set up, buy the good stuff.Where can I find a stock jdm d series turbo.?
You need to find out what flange it has to get a turbo that will fit. Look at the pictures at JGS (http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.htm鈥?/a>
It might have a T3 flange, it might not.
E-bay seems to be a good place to buy just turbo chargers. Complete set ups are no better priced then regular retail. Cheap kits can be found there too, but often require a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment