Thursday, January 12, 2012

Is it illegal to have the conversion of usdm to jdm of the steering wheel?

im planing on doing my honda prelude . doing a conversion from left to right side steering wheel and i lot of my friends say its illegal...Is it illegal to have the conversion of usdm to jdm of the steering wheel?
I can't imagine why it would be illegal. The only things that are regulated are emission systems and those are by the states. you can do anything you want to your car including disconnecting air bags as long as you don't pollute the air.



van conversion companies do modifications on steering and control pedals for handycap people all the time. Moving the steering wheel and controls (brake, accelerator and, if its a manual the clutch) will be a lot of work and it will affect retail value but there is nothing illegal about doing them.



hope that helpsIs it illegal to have the conversion of usdm to jdm of the steering wheel?
yesIs it illegal to have the conversion of usdm to jdm of the steering wheel?
I just took drivers ed in California recently and it said it is illegal to modify your airbags, but I have had a detachable steering wheel for awhile now and both times I got pulled over the cops didn't say anything about it.
I don't see why it would. Maybe that a law based on state to state. I'm not sure. http://passwordjdm.com sells them, %26amp; if they were illegal throughout they would have shut them down already. I guess you could check with your local DMV.
  • campers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment