Sunday, January 8, 2012

What does the phrase "Orange Chicken, the new JDM" mean?

I read this somewhere at a Panda Express and I was just wondering what exactly it means. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it, thanks.|||I can only find some background to the JDM 'phenomenon'.





JDM stands for "Japanese Domestic Market" originally referring to cars and parts bought direct from Japan which are better and more radical that the locally available Honda etc.





The term JDM has long been used to "one-up" a friend or acquaintance at Krispy Kreme car meets and the likes. By adding a JDM item to your "ride" you are instantly "cooler" than your friend's USDM counterpart.





One can only assume it refers to the T-shirt you can buy with "Orange Chicken is the new JDM" emblazoned on the front.





Orange Chicken is a recipe for chicken, often on restaurant menus.





I think it's supposed to confuse everybody, including me, but I'm a bit long in the tooth to understand 'fashion' and teenage fads, especially anything connected with Japanese youth.|||I would be thinking that it refers to the designation of "ricers" being kids that would put cheap and ugly parts on their car (called Rice). Since Rice is a asian dish and orange chicken is one too, I would think that this T-Shirt means that the JDM trend described above is the new Rice.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment