Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can you put a JDM diesel engine in a 1973 Toyota FJ40?

I have a 1973 Toyota FJ40 with a gas motor and I would like to find a diesel engine to put in. I would like to put in a new motor....1990 or newer and I was thinking of a JDM motor, but maybe a cummins or CRD....any suggestions?Can you put a JDM diesel engine in a 1973 Toyota FJ40?
The easiest diesel to fit is the toyota 3B or any of that family,13B or 13BT.Also the hj series will fit,you better to stick with the toyota engines as all the gearboxes etc will bolt up.Can you put a JDM diesel engine in a 1973 Toyota FJ40?
my answer is;



Cool!



Measure, Measure and Measure again. Dimensions of the engine will be needing first consideration and understand that a Diesel engine (motor's are electric) weighs more then a gas.



Toyota does make a Diesel engine.



Good Luck!



hope my answer helps

No comments:

Post a Comment