Thursday, January 19, 2012

If I replace the engine on a '91 Supra with a JDM engine will I need to get a Japanese computer too?

A friend of mine told me that if I got an imported engine then I would have to swap the comp out.If I replace the engine on a '91 Supra with a JDM engine will I need to get a Japanese computer too?
First of all as soon as that engine is in the car, the car will no longer be legal to drive in California due smog restrictions. If that block go in every smog check at a test only center is gonna reject you unless you pay them a hefty 300 or more bucks under the table. You'll most likely need the original wiring harness for the entire engine area, possibly the computer and maybe custom fabrication of mounts framework, brackets, etc. Don't put yourself into a hole you don't need to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment